[opensuse] Alien users?
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 14:03:24 +0100

Hi List,

no, not if one of you is an alien. Rather looking for users of the alien
package :D

I'm using it (well, want to) for converting some binary SDK libs from DEB to
RPM. Have done so before successfully, but now I'm hit by the debian policy
of having the 64bit libs in */lib/, so a plain convert doesn't work (ldd won't
find the propper libs).

Has anyone solved that problem already?

(I know I can stop the conversion in the middle, shuffle files around, edit
the spec file and run rpmbuild, but doing that for several files and for each
update of the SDK calls for some automatism...)

Thanks!

Pit