Re: [opensuse] Re: Where is default browser set? (& hope no one is logged in via WiFi)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 07:53:41 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2017-06-20 19:02, John Andersen wrote:
On 06/19/2017 03:48 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Interesting.

I think that if you fire up firefox from inside ssh, it tries to run
Firefox of the client machine, thus avoiding that B/W problem.

Carlos, I know you know better, so I'm assuming you somehow tangled
uo
that sentence. What was it you REALLY wanted to say.

I think you got two concepts conflated.

No, I did not.

ssh client is the (local) machine, where you sit.
ssh server is the other (remote) machine where firefox runs.

X Server is the (local) machine, where you sit.
X Client is the other (remote) machine, where you launched firefox.

No part of firefox runs on the local machine. You don't even have
to have it installed locally.

Check it yourself.

I did, and I insist: I get the local Firefox window, not the server
machine Firefox.

I agree with Carlos, this is also the behaviour I see.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (23.2°C)