Re: [opensuse] Re: Where is default browser set? (& hope no one is logged in via WiFi)
20.06.2017 23:25, Carlos E. R. пишет:
On 2017-06-20 20:18, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:
On 2017-06-20 19:02, John Andersen wrote:
On 06/19/2017 03:48 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Interesting.

I think that if you fire up firefox from inside ssh, it tries to run
Firefox of the client machine, thus avoiding that B/W problem.

Carlos, I know you know better, so I'm assuming you somehow tangled uo
that sentence. What was it you REALLY wanted to say.

I think you got two concepts conflated.

No, I did not.

ssh client is the (local) machine, where you sit.
ssh server is the other (remote) machine where firefox runs.

X Server is the (local) machine, where you sit.
X Client is the other (remote) machine, where you launched firefox.

No part of firefox runs on the local machine. You don't even have
to have it installed locally.

Check it yourself.

I did, and I insist: I get the local Firefox window, not the server
machine Firefox.

This is a known feature of firefox.

-Wrong, wrong, wrong. Firefox runs on the remote, X-forwarding sends the
interface to the client. Easy to check: open an ssh -X session to the remote
in one terminal window or tab, fire up firefox, open a second ssh session in
second window/tab . Next, run 'ps -ea| grep firefox' both locally and
remotely. > Solid proof.

You are wrong.

cer@Telcontar:~> ssh -X cer@Isengard.valinor
Last login: Mon Jun 19 19:23:03 2017 from 192.168.1.14
Have a lot of fun...
cer@Isengard:~>
cer@Isengard:~> firefox
cer@Isengard:~> ps afxu | grep -i firefox
cer 21062 0.0 0.0 9328 1556 pts/12 S+ 22:23 0:00
\_ grep --color=auto -i firefox
cer@Isengard:~> ps -ea | grep -i firefox
cer@Isengard:~>
cer@Telcontar:~> ps -ea | grep -i firefox
13546 ? 01:41:10 firefox

This one has consumed almost two hours of CPU time, so it obviously
cannot be the one you just started.

Your command does not start new firefox, it causes already running
firefox to open URL in new window. This is subtle difference.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/3515/how-do-i-launch-a-remote-firefox-window-via-ssh

Try killing all local firefox processes and try once more.

Hmm ... if you start the first instance remotely, then I'd expect that
starting *local* firefox would attempt to forward request to remote
instance ... it becomes amusing :)

< Previous Next >