Re: [opensuse] Re: Where is default browser set? (& hope no one is logged in via WiFi)
* Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-20-17 23:07]:
* John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> [01-01-70 12:34]:
On 06/20/2017 07:00 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Why don't you give up and recognize the truth?

It does NOT work that way for me. That's why.

I've tested on two different computers, one opensuse leap 42.2
the Other Manjaro.

Launching firefox and opening a file ALWAYS opens the file
from the ssh server. It never opens the file from the ssh client.

I don't have two opensuse machines to test with to see if this is just
some basdardized opensuse feature. Nobody else compiles it that way.

Would you like me to send you a movie Carlos?

to run the firefox instance on a remote opensuse machine:
ssh to remove box
firefox -no-remote
opening /etc/hostname returns hostname of remote box

this also works:

add

MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1
export MOZ_NO_REMOTE