Re: [opensuse] Tape Drive Trouble
On 06/20/2017 02:43 PM, Paul Groves wrote:

On 20/06/17 18:14, John Andersen wrote:
How sure are you that your terminator is still good.
A failing or dodgy terminator can trigger auto-termination built into some drives.
When I swap the drive with one of the working ones the same drive has the fault. Would that prove the terminator is OK?
(These are often jumper settings to control termination, but some models don't have jumpers
but still auto-sense the need for termination, and still others provide no internal termination).
These things come to bite you when you move drives after a couple years of use, and forget.
All of my drives have the same jumper pin layout.

Left to right, Term Pwr / Reserved / SCSIID3 / SCSIID2 / SCSIID1 / SCSIID0

Obviously the 4 right-most ones are the ID number so I have IDs 0, 1, 2 and 3 for my for drives

It's been 15 years since I managed a server, but try changing the ID's to 6,5,4 and 3. I have a vague recollection of higher ID numbers having a higher priority on the SCSI bus. Is this why the controller has number 8?

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998