Re: [opensuse] Tape Drive Trouble
On 06/20/2017 09:55 AM, Paul Groves wrote:
Answers to the obvious:

The drive jumper pins are correct
I do have a terminator on the end of the SCSI cable
I have tried more than one tape
I have ran several cleaning cartridges in each drive.
There are no error LEDs on the drives
I have already tried turning it off and on again :)

Paul....

How sure are you that your terminator is still good.
A failing or dodgy terminator can trigger auto-termination built into some
drives.

(These are often jumper settings to control termination, but some models don't
have jumpers
but still auto-sense the need for termination, and still others provide no
internal termination).
These things come to bite you when you move drives after a couple years of use,
and forget.