Re: [opensuse] Re: Where is default browser set? (& hope no one is logged in via WiFi)
On 06/19/2017 03:48 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Interesting.

I think that if you fire up firefox from inside ssh, it tries to run
Firefox of the client machine, thus avoiding that B/W problem.

Carlos, I know you know better, so I'm assuming you somehow tangled uo
that sentence. What was it you REALLY wanted to say.

I think you got two concepts conflated.

ssh client is the (local) machine, where you sit.
ssh server is the other (remote) machine where firefox runs.

X Server is the (local) machine, where you sit.
X Client is the other (remote) machine, where you launched firefox.

No part of firefox runs on the local machine. You don't even have
to have it installed locally.