Re: [opensuse] Epson Scanner V500 Isn't Detected
On Tue, 2017-06-20 at 12:42 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-06-19 04:39, Mark Misulich wrote:

On Mon, 2017-06-19 at 12:32 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:

I know that it is a sill question, but the scanner is in working
order,
right? :-)

Yes, it's working, just not on this computer.  I just switched out
the
old box for the new, and hooked it up the same as the old box.  Now
the
scanner isn't working on the new box with the same operating system
(42.2). The new box is a multiboot, with Win7 and 42.2.  The
scanner
works on Win7, not on 42.2 on the new box.

Is the new box multiboot? If so, try it in Windows. That procedure
will
verify the hardware in the new computer.

Maybe you did that already and I misunderstood. :-?
Hi Carlos,
yes, I did that and reported on it in an earlier post.  But it
is easy to get lost in all the posts that have gone on since I
opened this thread.
The box is a multiboot with Win7 (so I can do my taxes once a year)
other than that I would just have it as a straight linux box.  The
epson scanning software on Win7 works, the scanner works, and the
Epson Windows scanning software is light-years ahead of the linux
scanning software.  But most of the stuff I scan doesn't need
exotic software anyways, so the xsane program fulfills my needs.

Mark