Re: [opensuse] kmail and akonadiserver:
  • From: ianseeks <bingmybong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 16:49:21 +0100
On Monday, 19 June 2017 22:40:14 BST John Andersen wrote:
On 06/17/2017 02:28 AM, ianseeks wrote:
Could this be the culprit or should I look further? How is the general
feeling about the overall health of kmail?

I don't think kmail is the problem, its akonadi.

Until one works without the other, I can't imagine how you could make that
claim.
The way i see it is that akonadi is a service that kmail relies on. I know its
difficult sometimes to separate the two for bug logging, i used to blame kmail
for things crapping out but the problems were more often than not fixed in
akonadi and sometimes a config change in mysql.conf.

I wouldn't blame kwrite for failing to write a file to disk if the disk sub
system failed due to a bug although my knee jerk reaction would be to do that.

Personally, everything that requires akonadi is banned from all my KDE
installations. And that includes Kmail, unfortunately.
I got close to that, i was spitting feathers all over the place at times.

They keep adding pieces to akonadi to where it is composed
of so many executables it has taken on a life of its own.
I think it needs a fresh coat of bulldozer.
It definitely needs a lot more debugging. The only way i can help is to log
bugs and hopefully in the correct place.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170619
Qt: 5.7.1