Re: [opensuse] Epson Scanner V500 Isn't Detected
On Tue, 2017-06-20 at 10:07 +0200, Dave Plater wrote:

On 19/06/2017 13:22, Mark Misulich wrote:

I installed sane-backends version 1.0.27 from Sauerland OBS
repository,
but the scanner still isn't recognized in yast Scanner
configuration
window.
After googling it seems you need the iscan package which doesn't seem
be provided after 12.2 for some reason. The source code and rpm
packages
are available from epson's download page.
Dave P
Hi Dave,
thanks for the suggestion.  The iscan package that you are referring
to here is a lite scanning frontend with a gui.  It comes bundled in
the iscan-bundle from epson which I downloaded and installed
originally.

Mark