Re: [opensuse] Re: wget source from 2012 being used in leap? \
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:30:16 +0100
L A Walsh wrote:
Marcus Meissner wrote:
Note that "old" versions are not necessary a security problem, as we
backport
all security fixes.
Ouch... that seems like a growing task of backporting... ug.

What release(s) contain the newer stuff?

I usually try to work from suse rpms even if I need a newer version.
And then try to keep changes in rpms locally...
(Have to try to tame the chaos somehow)...

What I do in such cases is to get the source rpm from Tumbleweed and compile
that using rpmbuild.