Re: [opensuse] Again, trying to find a suitable video editor - Avidemux: how to remove commercials in the middle
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:49:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Thursday, 2017-06-15 at 12:40 +0200, jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Le 15/06/2017 à 12:31, Charles Philip Chan a écrit :

This is Avidemux 2.5.6.

Just noticed, this is old. Try the Avidemux3 (2.6.20-15) from Packman.

Charles

only avidemux3 - do not forget to select gui...

and yes, have better audio selection.

but only select keyframe as start and stop

one may need to recompile with only keyframes to get the cut right

I just found on the ffmepg mail list that avidemux has a cute hidden feature: you can remove sections in the middle, not just the start and end cuts.

Just define a region from A to B that you want to remove. Then go to Menu/Edit/cut. The section goes instantly! You can repeat for as many sections as needed, apparently. Finally, do "Save" to apply it all.

Works in versions 2 and 3.

However. With my source video in version 2, I got a video with the audio taken from one of the removed sections, so totally out of sync. With version 3 I get no audio whatsoever.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.