Re: [opensuse] Epson Scanner V500 Isn't Detected
* Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxx> [06-19-17 07:25]:
On Mon, 2017-06-19 at 12:17 +0200, Aaron Digulla wrote:
Am Sonntag, Juni 18, 2017 23:39 CEST, Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@gma
il.com> schrieb:

There is a kernel/sane bug which breaks many USB scanners. Make sure
you have at least version 1.0.25 of SANE installed.
I installed sane-backends version 1.0.27 from Sauerland OBS repository,
but the scanner still isn't recognized in yast Scanner configuration
window.

Driver Scanner
epkowa Epson (unknown model) at epkowah:usb001:004
Not Configured EPSON Scanner USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON],
product=0x0130
[EPSON Scanner]) at libusb:001:004

From http://www.sane-project.org/
The Linux USB3 workaround which was added in version 1.0.25 is now
disabled by default. If you have difficulty using a scanner which
previously worked, or intermittent scanner availability, try setting
the new environment variable SANE_USB_WORKAROUND=1 before starting
your frontend.
I don't know where to do this, I will need more detailed instructions.
Use sane-find-scanner and "scan-image -L" on the command line to see
whether SANE can see the scanner.

export SANE_USB_WORKAROUND=1 <front-end-app>
as
export SANE_USB_WORKAROUND=1 iscan
export SANE_USB_WORKAROUND=1 scanimage