Re: [opensuse] Re: Epson Scanner V500 Isn't Detected
On 19/06/17 12:51, Mark Misulich wrote:
On Mon, 2017-06-19 at 12:42 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:

[pruned]

No, nothing using the word scanner but how are your removable storage
configured to be recognised by the system: on plug-in, only when
previously manually mounted, ...?
Not exactly sure what you are asking in this question, but the window
for Removable Devices has a heading "Configure automatic handling of
removable storage media." Below that it has an unchecked checkbox
titled "Enable automatic mounting of removable media." Everything
below that line is ghosted out.

OK, I see from your reply to Patrick that the scanner is at least
recognised by the system but not by Yast so the above may not be
contributing to the problem.

However, if you want USB devices (eg a memory stick) to be handled when
you plug them in then tick that checkbox to enable mounting of removable
devices and then tick whichever options you want to be activated. In my
case, I have the second and third boxes ticked.

BC

--
Government has become a committee for managing the affairs of the rich.