Re: [opensuse] Re: Epson Scanner V500 Isn't Detected
On Mon, 2017-06-19 at 12:42 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 19/06/17 12:32, Mark Misulich wrote:

On Mon, 2017-06-19 at 11:46 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:

On 19/06/17 10:55, Mark Misulich wrote:

On Mon, 2017-06-19 at 09:02 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:

 The version of this

software is
iscan-bundle-1.0.4.x64.rpm

I just noticed something which I overlooked till now.

You mention above that the iscan you have is version 1.0.4.* but
this
is
an old version. I have version 2.30.2-2 installed.

BTW, AVASYS has been taken over by Epson itself and the new
driver
(epkowa) is now comes from the Epson site.

Is this your problem?

I don't think that is the issue.  The actual iscan program version
that
is installed is 2.30.3-9.1.  The iscan bundle was downloaded off
the
Epson driver site this afternoon, and it is the latest, presumably,
with version 1.0.4.  The bundle contains all the bits, iscan is
just
the scanning GUI program and comes in the iscan bundle.

Ah, so it appears that there may be a newer version. I'll go looking
now.
That version came from the post by Doug referring me to the OBS iscan
package.  I installed the package, and it has a newer version number
than the one that would be available from the regular repositories.
 Sorry, I should have made that clear in my post.
Could this be something that has to be changed in the BIOS to make

it
work?
No, there is nothing in the BIOS, at least not in mine, that has
anthing
to do with the scanner. Unless of course your Bios has some
setting
which controls USB connections.

But there is a setting in Start>Settings>System
Settings>Removable
Storage which may have an effect.
I don't see anything in there regarding "scanner."

No, nothing using the word scanner but how are your removable storage
configured to be recognised by the system: on plug-in, only when
previously manually mounted, ...?

Not exactly sure what you are asking in this question, but the window
for Removable Devices has a heading "Configure automatic handling of
removable storage media."  Below that it has an unchecked checkbox
titled "Enable automatic mounting of removable media." Everything
below that line is ghosted out.