[opensuse] Re: Epson Scanner V500 Isn't Detected
On Mon, 2017-06-19 at 11:46 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 19/06/17 10:55, Mark Misulich wrote:

On Mon, 2017-06-19 at 09:02 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:

 The version of this

software is
iscan-bundle-1.0.4.x64.rpm

I just noticed something which I overlooked till now.

You mention above that the iscan you have is version 1.0.4.* but this
is
an old version. I have version 2.30.2-2 installed.

BTW, AVASYS has been taken over by Epson itself and the new driver
(epkowa) is now comes from the Epson site.

Is this your problem?

I don't think that is the issue.  The actual iscan program version that
is installed is 2.30.3-9.1.  The iscan bundle was downloaded off the
Epson driver site this afternoon, and it is the latest, presumably,
with version 1.0.4.  The bundle contains all the bits, iscan is just
the scanning GUI program and comes in the iscan bundle.

Could this be something that has to be changed in the BIOS to make
it
work?

No, there is nothing in the BIOS, at least not in mine, that has
anthing
to do with the scanner. Unless of course your Bios has some setting
which controls USB connections.

But there is a setting in Start>Settings>System Settings>Removable
Storage which may have an effect.
I don't see anything in there regarding "scanner."
Someone may mention that you should set something in Yast>Security
and
Users>User and Group Management but this would be a furphy as I don't
have anything set here and my scanner works.

Get the latest driver from Epson and let's see what happens after
this.

Basil