Re: [opensuse] Epson Scanner V500 Isn't Detected
* Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxx> [06-18-17 17:39]:
Hi,
I installed Opensuse 42.2 on a computer that I finished
building the other day.  I am using KDE 5.8.6-7.1 as the
desktop environment.  I am trying to install an Epson
Perfection V500 Photo Scanner that I have used for maybe 7 years
on my previous desktop computer using various Opensuse versions
starting with 12.something up to 42.2, with the Epson iscan
installation software for this scanner. The version of this software is
iscan-bundle-1.0.4.x64.rpm

But the scanner won't install on this computer using yast; here's the
details.

just to see what your computer does see,

unplug the scanner
plug the scanner in
immediately run:
dmesg -T | tail -n 20

should show what or if the computer is seeing the device. you will be
able to tell.