Re: [opensuse] Epson Scanner V500 Isn't Detected
On Mon, 2017-06-19 at 00:12 +0200, gumb wrote:

I don't know anything about Epson devices under Linux. But is the
'iscan
driver bundle' different from this iscan package on OBS?
https://software.opensuse.org/package/iscan

There is an iscan package in yast, here is the description:

iscan - simple, easy to use scanner utility for EPSON scanners

Image Scan! is a graphical scanner utility for people that do not need
all the bells and whistles provided by several of the other utilities
out there (xsane, QuiteInsane, Kooka).
At the moment it only supports SEIKO EPSON scanners and all-in-ones.
However, the scanner driver it provides can be used by any other SANE
standard compliant scanner utility.
Note that several scanners require a non-free plugin before they can be
used with this software.

The bundle from Epson provides the iscan, plus the driver epkowa, some
non-free plugins, iscan data package, and a network plugin (As I
understand it).

But I tried the OBS package, and it has made no difference.  The
scanner is still not recognized.