Re: [opensuse] konsole
On 18/06/17 21:28, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-06-18 13:22, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 17/06/17 10:12 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
PS But I have a question: why did you send the above to me as a private
message in the first instance knowing full well that I could not
response to you in private because you put the return address as "Reply
to opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx"?
There is no such thing as a single root cause in most event and there wasn't
here.

The 'reply to' is a suggestion from Linda Walsh -- search the archives - to
try
and get around the other, which is accidentally hitting on 'reply to' rather
than 'reply to list', which is what happens here, and what happens, judging
by
You should disable that.

If you check the headers of Anton's other posts in this list you won't
see the 'Reply To' in the headers. Makes one wonder why that particular
private post to me had that instruction embedded in the header.

It causes people that hit "reply to" to instead send a public response.
Happened to me and I was banned.

BC

--
Government has become a committee for managing the affairs of the rich.