Re: [opensuse] Nvidia Leap Repository?
On 19/06/17 02:45, Lew Wolfgang wrote:
I read that, but in fact I really wouldn't be amused, if I would
have to
download and compile the Nvidia packages myself. I hope, that there
will
be any repo to automatically do that job on an upgrade.
It is not a "big thing". it only amounts to running an script and
answering a few questions or passing a couple of parameters and
remembering to run the script when the kernel or mesa packages are
updated.

so you*can* be amused.

It's not a really big thing if you're doing it to the computer in
front of you,
but I do remote maintenance on a couple-dozen systems. Ah well, yet
another reason for my employer to keep me around... :-)

Yes, I can understand your angst, for want of a better word, about this.

And what puzzles me is that when I install, say, oS/Leap on the laptop
it automatically installs the correct nvidia driver for the Nvidia chip
in the laptop and yet when it comes to the desktop the (driver in a
wheelchair called) nouveau is the default driver -- and even this one
often fails to produce an image at installation time (I had to issue the
'nomodeset' command before I could proceed to install Leap 42.3 Beta).

BC

--
Government has become a committee for managing the affairs of the rich.