[opensuse] Re: Where is default browser set?
Anton Aylward wrote:
EG: xdg-open 'http://www.freedesktop.org/'
---
That works on my system to bring up
FF on my linbox... So where does xdg-open look
and how can I tell it to open "foobar.sh" in ~/bin?

I.e. that tells me something that uses "where
the default browser is set", but doesn't really tell
me where it is set. (maybe that firefox.desktop).
But even there, I have to figure out how "firefox.desktop"
gets turned into an app-execution.

Same with several other associations in that ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list...

FWIW...
I asked on the Dbus list how to send messages from
my linux box's dbus to my windows-box dbus, and they
said no one has ever done that and no one knows how
or has an example. Lovely.

Wonderful thing, this Dbus, Didn't Unix Corba become
Windows COM for local and DCOM for distributed about
20 years ago in Win98 -- basically, a complexified
RPC, so apps could talk from one computer to another?

Or.. wasn't it in the late 80's that Sun advertised
with the phrase "the Network is the Computer"...?