Re: [opensuse] konsole
[...]
Anton, I bought my new car 3 years ago and I have never raised the hood
to look at the engine. I just drive the car. I have no interest in what
makes it run -- well, I do know that it needs petrol, which I buy when
it needs it, and I keep the tyres at the correct pressure. That's it.
Oh, and it goes through the car wash when necessary :-).

The OP and others, including myself, have no need to do what you do with
your setup of konsole. For us konsole just works, either in user- or
root-mode. Simple. The OP is simply asking why his konsole is not
working in this simple mode :-).

*you* made the choice to use linux, *you* are the admin of your linux
system unless you convince some kind sole to take on the task or pay
someone. if you care not about "what is under the hood", you are destine
to live with what you get/have.

as for konsole *just* working, the op's does not the way he wants and he
cannot determine why. but he does not appear willing to take the steps to
determine a solution with the help from here.

all the words being bantered here provide much reading but to what end?