Re: [opensuse] konsole
* Wols Lists <antlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-17-17 09:44]:
On 17/06/17 10:32, James Bunnell wrote:
I have the regular super user konsole. but the konsole that is supposed
to be the regular konsole prompts for a password each time i open it. i
have tried the profile thing, no avail. any ideas as to why this is? thanks.

Seems to me the problem is you have both root and user konsoles
together. I find, whenever I su in a konsole, it remembers that and
tries to run it as root next time. It causes grief for a few logins
until it goes away - and even if I give it the root password it appears
to do absolutely nothing with it ...

Short answer: it looks like root konsoles are buggy.

or you have *some* configuration borked. I do not observe the problems
you describe. I rarely have reason to hunt for another console window
rather than utilizing the regular konsole and simply "su -". but I have
never opened <user> konsole and be asked to provide a password, in any of
my many years years on suse versions of linux.