Re: [opensuse] kmail and akonadiserver:
  • From: ianseeks <bingmybong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 10:28:56 +0100
On Saturday, 17 June 2017 04:06:35 BST Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
Seems that kmail starts behaving even better after the last three
updates. But sending this email did not work from kmail. Do not know if
and when it starts working.
Agree

I can now delete emails without running into problems.
Never had this problem

Still my mail filter is not working properly with the incomming mail from
three pop3 accounts.
If I let the filter run in the automatic filter mode I get a lot of
duplicates. Trying to remove dups does not work. Manualy filtering is the
only solution folowed by akonadictl fsck/ vacuum/ restart.
Agree, auto filtering is still bad, as well as duplicates i also get emails in
folders with no body. I also occasionally get duplicates on running manually
as well and also get emails from months ago reappearing.

Looking into the akonadictl restart message I found following info which
looks like an error message:

org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: "Cannot connect to agent instance with
identifier 'akonadi_maildir_resource_0', error message: ''"
I don't know why the resource can't have a sensible informative name

Could this be the culprit or should I look further? How is the general
feeling about the overall health of kmail?

I don't think kmail is the problem, its akonadi.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170615
Qt: 5.7.1