Re: [opensuse] Update FireFox 49.5 -> 52.2, file dialogs are horrible, how to get FF49 dialogs back?
On Thursday, 15 June 2017 10:51:57 ACST David C. Rankin wrote:
All,

I updated to firefoxe 52.5esr from 49.5esr. One thing that is just totally
repugnant is the file->open dialog. It is per-se unusable.

How do I get the file->open dialog from 49.5 back? -- or at least get this
damn thing to sort the folders first like every other sane file->open
dialog does. I have folders with 20 or so directories and 1400+ files in
them and trying to navigate where you have to scroll through 1200 files
just to get to the 'tst' directory is unacceptable.

Is there some setting that controls this? Right now this thing is
unnavigable with scores of .zip files mixed with directories mixed with
files in an unholy mess. Why when I first scroll down with the mouse are
many of the icons missing?

Help....

(screenshot of the dialog I see at, http://paste.opensuse.org/5398449)

Hmmm...running 52.1 ESR here on KDE/Plasma 5 and I get the standard Plasma5/
KDE file dialog.