Re: [opensuse] Cutting video files in half
Hello,

On Fri, 16 Jun 2017, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
First of all, I am not trying to find a video editor. I just want to cut
video files in half in order to send them to a family member oversees.
[..]
Could somebody give me just the lines that work?

Splitting:
$ mkvmerge --split 2G -o part.mkv input.mov

Merging:
$ mkvmerge -o output.mkv part-*.mkv

Doesn't work with all (mostly old) codecs though (e.g. Sorenson v1).

HTH,
-dnh

--
... at least I thought I was dancing, 'til somebody stepped on my hand.
-- J. B. White