Re: [opensuse] Cutting video files in half
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 15:14:04 +0200
Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:

First of all, I am not trying to find a video editor. I just want to
cut video files in half in order to send them to a family member
oversees.

Thanks to the help of list members and ongoing discussions about video
editors I have read multiple man pages etc. googled around and have
seen to it that i have multiple editors installed.

I have chosen WeTransfer for the transport which only allows a maximum
of 2 gigabyte per session. The video files are all approximately 4
gigabyte and I need a simple method to cut these MOV files in half.

Looking at video editors in alphabetical order Avidemux, ffmpeg,
kdenlive and Openshot I am just looking for a program that just cuts
the 4Gb videos in half.

ffmpeg seems the most logical candidate but finding the right command
line sequence is problematic.
Could somebody give me just the lines that work?

It doesn't sound like you need anything special, look up 'split'.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (24.1°C)