[opensuse] Cutting video files in half
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 18:03:43 +0700
First of all, I am not trying to find a video editor. I just want to cut
video files in half in order to send them to a family member oversees.

Thanks to the help of list members and ongoing discussions about video
editors I have read multiple man pages etc. googled around and have seen
to it that i have multiple editors installed.

I have chosen WeTransfer for the transport which only allows a maximum
of 2 gigabyte per session. The video files are all approximately 4
gigabyte and I need a simple method to cut these MOV files in half.

Looking at video editors in alphabetical order Avidemux, ffmpeg,
kdenlive and Openshot I am just looking for a program that just cuts
the 4Gb videos in half.

ffmpeg seems the most logical candidate but finding the right command
line sequence is problematic.
Could somebody give me just the lines that work?

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170613
Qt: 5.9.0