Re: [opensuse] Update FireFox 49.5 -> 52.2, file dialogs are horrible, how to get FF49 dialogs back?
* David C. Rankin <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-16-17 00:38]:
zypper -v in dconf-editor

now, that was not so hard. and one liner w/o any rants :)

$ zi dconf-editor

... it was bloody horrible :)

even with dconf-editor, it does not respect the 'location-mode' ->
'filename-entry' setting. Every time I attempt to open a file, it
switched the setting in dconf back to 'path-bar'.

The rant point being, now to use FF, you can't just install FF, you have
to install FF + dconf-editor just to get directories sorted first in the
file-open dialog. With Gtk+2, I had complete control over the file-open
dialog with ~/.config/gtk+2.0/gtkfilechooser.ini. A simple text file
was all that was needed.

No, the *point* is there is no need for nor does it accomplish anything
except make the *ranter* appear childish, unappreciative, and
disrespectful of those donating their time to provide you with *free*
software which you do not have to use. if you prefer it to work or
proceed in a different direction, donate *your* time to make it happen.
then we can read twenty words about your difficulties and propose
solutions rather than two hundred that just piss people off and perhaps
negatively affect the efforts of those trying to help.

hope your day gets better.