Re: [opensuse] Update FireFox 49.5 -> 52.2, file dialogs are horrible, how to get FF49 dialogs back?
zypper -v in dconf-editor

now, that was not so hard. and one liner w/o any rants :)

$ zi dconf-editor

... it was bloody horrible :)

even with dconf-editor, it does not respect the 'location-mode' ->
'filename-entry' setting. Every time I attempt to open a file, it switched the
setting in dconf back to 'path-bar'.

The rant point being, now to use FF, you can't just install FF, you have to
install FF + dconf-editor just to get directories sorted first in the
file-open dialog. With Gtk+2, I had complete control over the file-open dialog
with ~/.config/gtk+2.0/gtkfilechooser.ini. A simple text file was all that was
needed.

And, ... the gtk+2 filechooser just looks better:

http://paste.opensuse.org/6544896

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.