Re: [opensuse] Update FireFox 49.5 -> 52.2, file dialogs are horrible, how to get FF49 dialogs back?
  • From: Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 23:19:09 -0400
"David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

$ dconf-editor
bash: dconf-editor: command not found

You need to install the package "dconf-editor".

Why they can't just leave gtk+2 enabled is ridiculous. This type of
issue will crop up over and over again, and apparently nobody at
mozilla is testing these things before foisting a gtk+3 only build on
us.

What is more ridiculous is the default sort order in GTK3.

(not to mention there are virtually zero themes available for it
compared to gtk+2...) I've tried all the themes on gnome-look and
there are not really any decent dark themes (that don't make one-line
inputs 2X bigger than they should be. At least one of the folks on the
Arch list has put together a fairly good adwaita-dark. Not perfect,
but the best of the bunch so far...

I personally like Adapta[1] and Numix. Adapta has a really nice dark
theme. I also set QT5 to use gtk2 theme via qt5ct and set KDE to use
gtk2 theme.

Charles

Footnotes:
[1] http://lmelinux.net/2016/03/31/adapta-another-beautiful-gtk-theme/

--
"sic transit discus mundi"
(From the System Administrator's Guide, by Lars Wirzenius)