Re: [opensuse] Update FireFox 49.5 -> 52.2, file dialogs are horrible, how to get FF49 dialogs back?
  • From: Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 08:47:01 -0400
"David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Is there some setting that controls this? Right now this thing is
unnavigable with scores of .zip files mixed with directories mixed with files
in an unholy mess. Why when I first scroll down with the mouse are many of the
icons missing?

IIRC, it came from a change of GTK version. Open "dconf-editor" and go
to:

GTK-> "Settings"-> "File Chooser"

and change "sort-directories-first" to "true".

Charles

--
"Besides, I think [Slackware] sounds better than 'Microsoft,' don't you?"
(By Patrick Volkerding)