Re: [opensuse] file system usage?
On 2017-06-14 18:52, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 13/06/17 04:46 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
They are seldom used (I have only seen them with a p2p utility), and
right now, I do not remember how to find out if they exist on a partition.

Neither do I, right now, but IIR it's pretty normal for database files to have
such for a number or reasons, ranging from unused field pace, blanks in the
record or gaps due to the indexing.

Maybe because records are deleted in the middle of the file. They are
emptied, the sectors given back to the filesystem, which can reuse then
on another place even for the same database file, now at the end :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.