Re: [opensuse] Again, trying to find a suitable video editor.

On 13/06/2017 18:07, Felix Miata wrote:
I saw a suggestion somewhere that for best results I should decompress the
original before trying to edit it, but so far I've been unable to find an
appropriate example how to do that. Man pages to me are little better than
useless for lack of sufficient examples.
Don't change the format of the output file leave audio and video codecs on copy also use mkv matroska as the file format. This is avidemux3 I'm referring to, I use it for joining videos because I can check the result on the fly use ffmpeg for converting. It preserves all the sound tracks as well if you output to mkv. The default avi doesn't.

Dave P