Re: [opensuse] Again, trying to find a suitable video editor.
On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 12:07:53 -0400
Felix Miata wrote:

I saw a suggestion somewhere that for best results I should
decompress the original before trying to edit it, but so far I've
been unable to find an appropriate example how to do that. Man pages
to me are little better than useless for lack of sufficient examples.

Hi Felix,

The source tarball for kino (still available online but now a "dead
project,") uses 'media.sh' under ~/kino-1.3.4/scripts/import/:

- - - - - 8< - - - - -
# A Kino script that tries to convert anything to raw DV

It uses ffmpeg and mencoder, so these programs must be installed for
the script to be useful. I renamed the script 'vid2dv' and placed it in
~/bin. This is, for the most part, what I use for that specific job.
You'll probably want to study the script and play around with it a
little bit, but it works for me. :)

I'll repeat my suggestion to isolate your source, system and target
disks to avoid read/write contention.

hth & regards,

Carl