Re: [opensuse] Again, trying to find a suitable video editor.
On 2017-06-14 10:23, jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Le 14/06/2017 à 10:05, David C. Rankin a écrit :

You simply cannot go wrong with cinerella. Y

if you can get it to work... it's fitted for film makers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinelerra

kdenlive do the same with much more in/out options.

but by the way the Carlos problem is not this.

it's keeping *the choice* on the final file between two language tracks.
Kdenlive is said to be able to do it, but I'm not sure this is really
possible right now, even on last appimage one.

Yes.

Many developers, being from the USA, simply do not understand the problem.

I think kdenlive failed on this a year ago.

And besides the two language audio tracks, there are the subtitles
tracks, which can also be two. I have a video with about a dozen
language tracks, both audio and subtitles.

Most are not even able to load the two audio tracks of the original
file. One have to first demux image/audio1/audio2, load them in the
editor, export them separately and build after that a mkv file

clearly too much work only for removing unwanted advertisement contents

Indeed.

I'm having to store the videos whole, commercials et all, and just hit
the fast-forward on playback.

long time ago, wow... may be 10 years ago? when I was still making video
on windows, I got an utility with some software or hardware that just
did hat: cut mpg file without recoding, and almost instantly. Dunno if
it was only on master frames but it worked very well

never found the same again.

Do you remember the name of that thing?
Maybe it works with Wine.

I would like one because may compact camera videos do have wrong start
or end, having to edit and recompile them waste time

Yes.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.