Re: [opensuse] Again, trying to find a suitable video editor.
On 2017-06-14 10:12, Graham Smith wrote:
On Tuesday, 13 June 2017 9:13:57 PM AEST Carlos E. R. wrote:

From some reads it appears that it is able to cut sections without
recoding most of the video, only about the region of the cut if it
doesn't happen at th exact place that gets a full image (the rest of the
frames contain the differences to the key frame).

That region can be recoded using the same settings and codecs as the
original video, that's what I want.

Such an editor run fast. Otherwise, it is hours.

I found Flowblade to be excellent and simple to use. There are some Youtube
tutorials that helped me a lot in getting started.

Good grief.

I started it.
I try to open a video file.
The dialogue is capable of opening directories, it does not see the
videos inside.

It wants to open "Flowblade projects", not videos.

If I create a new project, it wants me to type settings: Like DV/DVD
PAL. This is nonsense: I want to use the exact same settings as the
original video has, not recode to a new setting.

This program is not good to me.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.