Re: [opensuse] Again, trying to find a suitable video editor.
On 06/14/2017 03:39 AM, Charles Philip Chan wrote:
On 06/13/2017 07:05 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
The problem with avidemux is that it does only one sound track. I need
two, because movies in Spain come dubbed to Spanish, but usually also
contain the original sound track. Naturally I want to keep both.
Agreed,
Although I have no need for it. You should be able to enable up to 4
sound tracks in Avidemux

Audio-> "Select Track"

Where cinelerra shines is it provides a great interface for both video and
audio that is almost identical to Audacity for sound (as far as the multiple
track layout, etc..) Avidemux has no timeline or multitrack layout. The cli
interface can do it, it just doesn't look like the gui can.

From their Quickstart:

Avidemux is a simple tool for simple video processing tasks. The keyword here
is simple: it does not offer tools like a timeline, multitrack editing, you
cannot freely move or splice audio and video clips from various sources.

So it may be the desktop interface that's missing, the cli looks very capable.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

< Previous Next >