Re: [opensuse] NetworkManager-wait-online.service (9.486s)
On 06/13/2017 08:47 PM, John Andersen wrote:

I whacked that and so now improvement. It didn't look too specific
to the issue anyway. so I set it back.

If you do something like
systemd-analyze plot >plot.svg && firefox --new-window plot.svg

you will see everybody waits on that NetworkManager-wait-online.service.

I'd gladly trade the '30.208' seconds I wait on fricking wicked for your 9.48
second wait with Network manager....

If I booted any more frequently than, at most, a couple of times a week
(sometimes only every couple of weeks) it would be worth looking into.
Personally, I thinking everyone is still struggling to get on top of all the
systemd/wicked/(flavor-of-the-week-net-loader)/etc. to come of with an
intelligent system that is limited only by the dhcpd response time rather than
chasing its own tail....

Drop a note if you find a solution (or more relevant information), I'll do the
same.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.