Re: [opensuse] Re: set owner + mode on dirs below a start (was Re: Quick question: how to call a script function from "find"?)
On 2017-06-14 02:14, L A Walsh wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

My sudoers file is edited to allow only specific commands.

---
Right -- so now you only need 1 line, versus the above
method requiring at least 2 lines.

Or, you could store a script in /usr/bin, that does your
xargs call. Then you can just permit the script.

-about running a shell script with the command in it?

Allowing a script in sudo is dangerous. It can be edited to anything.

-- 1 line to replace the above 3 finds and bet it will execute
faster than any solution so far.

Note, I guessed you meant to have 'o' with execute
(pass-through) access that allows other to access deeper
directories with read access...(?)

No, I don't want others to have access. Only wwrun and group 'cer'. It
maybe "r--" for the directories so far. "---" for the files.

Why 'r'? Why not '---'?

Because I haven't thought about it yet ;.)

I don't think everything I do, you know :-p

What does a lone 'r' on a directory allow you to do? I.e. if you
don't want others to have access, then why are you not using
'---'?

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.