Re: [opensuse] mdadm raid problem
On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 08:04:39 +0300, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
08.06.2017 13:20, Istvan Gabor пишет:
On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 06:57:58 +0300, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

I do not think it is possible. You can change UUID only doing assembly
and you cannot do assembly for duplicated UUID. You need to stop
original array first.

OK. I stopped running md11 which had /dev/sdb11 device.
Then I could assemble a new array that has /dev/sdc11, using the update
uuid option. But the array is always assembled as /dev/md127 and not
to the name I specify:

mdadm -A -U uuid /dev/md111 /dev/sdc11
mdadm: /dev/md111 assembled from 1 drive - need all 2 to start it (use
--run to insist).

mdadm -D /dev/md111
mdadm: cannot open /dev/md111: No such file or directory

Your array is not yet running. What happens if you start it first as

Thanks, Andrei:

If I assemble and start the array in separate commands, the array is
assembled as md127 and then is started as md127.

If I assemble and run the array in the same command, it is started
with the name the command specifies. E.g.

mdadm -A -R /dev/md111 /dev/sdc11

assembles and runs the array as md111, not md127.

I consider this a buggy behavior.

Thanks again,

Istvan