Re: [opensuse] Quick question: how to call a script function from "find"?
On 2017-06-13 13:42, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

$@? I don't know what that one does. [searching...]

@ Expands to the positional parameters, starting from
one.
When the expansion occurs within double quotes, each parameter expands
to a separate word. That is, "$@" is equivalent to "$1" "$2" ... If
the double-quoted expansion occurs within a word, the expansion of the
first parameter is joined with the beginning part of the original
word, and the expansion of the last parameter is joined with the last
part of the original word. When there are no positional parameters,
"$@" and $@ expand to nothing (i.e., they are removed).

I don't quite see the difference with $* :-?

$* is a single string/argument, $@ is an array.

Ah.

But in this case, both would result in generating the proper command
line to the chmod commands, nor?

Actually, a single argument may be the right thing, being a directory
name with spaces. I may get a name with two spaces!

Those names are come from TV serials names, so not under my control.
Another application generates those directories.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.