Re: [opensuse] Re: Quick question: how to call a script function from "find"?
On 2017-06-13 12:07, L A Walsh wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
find /home/cer/Fusion/Videos/ -type d -exec sudo chown cer-g:cer '{}' \;
#setfacl -m u:wwwrun:rx /data/waterhoard/Fusion.uno/Videos

First two questions:
is 'cer-g' a user? What are you wanting 'change-owner' to do
to the file?

That comes from another thread :-)

The directories are changed to belong to another user, and the
"restricted deletion" flag is set. The files that belong to 'cer-g' can
not be then deleted by 'cer' by accident.

The alternative was to set the attribute "i" on files, which is a very
good solution; unfortunately, it does not show on "ls -l".

Is #setfacl a comment?

Yes. It is a future command to add; first I have to add it to sudoers.

As the directory is not world readable, apache can not read it. So I'll
add an ACL for it. I already tested this on one directory.

You seem to be trying to set things on the directories, but
not setting access on anything in those directories Is that right?

Correct.

The files are set from inside 'mc' midnight commander, using the context
menu under "F2": I mark the files I want to change, then call it.

That way I control which files I change or revert, and which I don't.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.