Re: [opensuse] How to make local browser "default" instead of some remote browser?
On Tuesday, 13 June 2017 02:53:54 CEST L A Walsh wrote:
Running a remote GUI just now, when I clicked on
a topic, it started a browser on the remote machine
that displays on my local machine via 'X'.

So are you using ssh with X-forwarding?

Where is my browser choice stored? I'd like to configure it to
run the browser on my local machine instead.

depends on your desktop environment but I think that would be very hard to
achieve. I guess the best workaround would be to use the clipboard that can be
configured to pass content from the remote machine to the local machine and
back. So copy the URL in the "remote GUI" and paste into your local browser.
For other cases I guess the way to go is not use ssh+X-forwarding - if that is
what you are using.