Re: [opensuse] multiple kernels?
John Andersen composed on 2017-06-12 18:27 (UTC-0700):
.
I'm not worried about it, I'm sort of waiting for it.
.
There are quite a few fixes newer kernels that would warrant NOT releasing
42.3 with only 4.4 kernel, putting opensuse yet another year behind the curve.
.
Skylake didn't work well at all until 4.9, and only really came into its
own in 4.10. There are a boat load of new machines coming out with that
chipset.
.
If there were some officially maintained alternate kernels that would
be a great alternative.
.
Unlikely expressing this sentiment here is capable of producing fruit.
opensuse-factory and opensuse-kernel probably stand a much better, though slim,
chance.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/