Re: [opensuse] zypper and disk space
.
Felix Miata wrote:
commit.downloadMode = DownloadAsNeeded
Above has been the configuration on all my many openSUSE installations since
discovered it many many many moons ago. As Carlos indicated, network going
down
can be a problem, but for me, that particular problem has usually been one of
nuisance, not serious, usually solved by simply waiting for network to come
back
after my provider shuts it down for maintenance at 02:00 in the middle of an
up/dup.
.
Not only network down, but network support crashing inside Linux, as
some component is replaced and doesn't work right with another that is
still loaded. It is rare, but I have known it happen.
.
Many many many many many many moons. Many many many many many many ups and dups.
Rare is it that a network component fails here that can't be addressed by
restoring a newly nulled /etc/resolv.conf or the like. Everything that matters
is on fixed IP and wired to eth0. I'm the network manager here. I do my best to
keep other "managers" impotent, if installed at all. And because all machines
are multiboot, "rescues", when required, are typically trivial to perform.

The concept of my zypstart could probably be applied to networking were I
dependent on software management via software, locking networking components,
and installing their updates when necessary or desired as a single small group,
or individually.

Remember that configuring 1/1 is mainly about accommodating space constrained /
and/or package cache filesystems. There's little reason to expose its minimal
risk otherwise.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/