Re: [opensuse] Skype for Linux - FYI
On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 18:51:16 +0200
nicholas nicholas wrote:

im curious:
- how do i know the repo is genuine (i see no way to verify from
googling)
- is this essentially electron - if so what are the benefits of
installing this vs using the web version?

If you visit the Skype.com website from a Linux system and click the
'Download' button, it should detect that you need Skype for Linux and
take you to this page:

https://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/

which presents options for several platforms & operating systems. I
believe I drilled down into the 'Download Skype for Linux RPM' path to
locate the repo info.

I wouldn't use it if my work didn't require it.