[opensuse] zypper and disk space
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 16:28:22 +0200
I am planning on updating a Tumbleweed system. It has not been updated
since gcc7. On the system in question, I always fight for disk space
when doing large updates. I always have it download all files, then do
the install. Which means that I need the space for the RPMS, the new
uncompressed installs, and whatever files are still in use before apps
restart.

Is there an option I do not see that can tell zypper to delete an RPM
after it is installed? That way I can at least get back disk space as
things are getting installed, but still have a bit of safety that the
install will not start until I have all the bits local.

Or maybe there is a better approach?

--
Roger Oberholtzer