Re: [opensuse] flash plugin compromised

On 11/06/2017 08:19, jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,

For some reason I forget, I once installed the flash plugin from:

http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/linux/x86_64/

that seems an official Adobe repository

I don't neither remember when (is there a way to know the repository installation date in yast?)

I don't know why, because I have the exact same plugin installed concurrently from packman (may be at this moment packman was behind as of version?).

anyway, this adobe repo plugin is compromised.

since some days, it opens on Firefox a second Firefox window, pretending to be Facebook ones, but really being advertisements: if you try to close it it go and display an advertisement web site.

same as this one

https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=10153803007456956&rdrhc

https://my.owndrive.com/index.php/s/5Hm0LM82sQQCLkn

uninstalling the flash from the given repo (repo view in yast) and reinstalling the packman one stopped the problem.

jdd

Use flash-player from Packman, it's promptly and regularly updated and cleaner than downloading direct. I update every time I get the Firefox notification.
Dave P