Re: [opensuse] Skype for Linux - FYI
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 16:44:57 +0700
On Monday, June 12, 2017 3:05:32 PM WIB Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
Microsoft have just announced:

Important notice: All Skype for Linux clients version 4.3 and older
will be retired on July 1, 2017. To keep chatting, please install the
latest version of Skype for Linux.

My desktop seems stuck at a 32-bit openSUSE. I have
skype-4.3.0.37-6.1.i586. I see that the Skype for Linux that will now
be available is only available as a 64-bit version. Our company uses
Skype for Business.

So, here is another reason to upgrade to a 64-bit openSUSE...

Would suggest that you first have a look at what has been offered.
The new linux variant is still in beta and just has the look from its
Windows brother. As I like the simple setup from 4,3 version I just
dumped the skypeforlinux-64 and will see what happens.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170608
Qt: 5.7.1